.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, January 13, 2014

Winter House


I'm sitting here in my studio awaiting the next cold weather prediction.  Of course I had to 'build' a shelter during this time - a "Winter House".



Its been very cold outside with numbers like of 1 and 3 degrees bantered about. Quite chilly for this usually temperate southern climate.  But there is hope - the smoke from the chimney at Winter House is billowing out - meaning there's a warm fire within and I daresay my warmest sweater and many cups of hot tea.

I wish for all of you warmth and safety during what has been a very challenging winter.


"But it's mind, this poem of the night,
and I just stood there, listening and holding out
my hands to the soft glitter
falling through the air.  I love this world,
but not for its answers."

From - "Snowy NIght by Mary Oliver

8 comments:

  1. Keep wrapped up...

    Love the house!

    x C

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Wow! I love this one. I think partly because your color choices really captured the sense of a snowy winter day.

    We are 40 degrees today, but believe it or not, the roads are icy. Can't figure that out, but Corey slid off the road this morning on the way to work and he drives a jeep!

    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your house, all looks cold outside but the house invites you in. And the trees, shapes colours, love it all.
    We just have drear and rain, low skies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Carol...the colors are perfect for setting a wintry mood. The swirls are perfect also, so suggestive of swirling snow. I love Mary Oliver's poetry. Beautiful post, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous soft colours. I've always loved shades of grey, shadow and smoke. I'd love to be curled up in that cottage in front of a glowing fire...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! So soft, serene, and safe. Love the soft colors and warm sentiments….how wonderful is a cozy little house in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the snowflakes and quiet, cool colours! Very seasonal..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely soft colours - very gentle and welcoming ...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...