.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, January 17, 2014

A Weaving


This is the only time of the year, in my little part of the country, where I can see 'inside' the trees that surround us.  Most of the year their bones are hidden inside leaf upon green leaf.  

On a recent walk I decided to record some of them - perhaps for a playback in the summer when I'm feeling closed in by their presence.  Of course they begin at the roots - here covered by delicate moss and protected from the cold by their former leaves.



Looking up, I can actually see a beautiful blue sky.  Cold, yes, but expansive - I feel like I want to fly to the topmost branch where I could look out and see forever.



These branches, which I normally cannot see, now form lovely, intricate weavings. Standing below I realize how small I am in this universe and I like it.

"We sleep, but the loom of life never stops, and the pattern which was weaving when the sun went down is weaving when it comes up in the morning." - Henry Ward Beecher

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...very peaceful post, and your quote rings true for me as I weave a few rows on my frame loom each day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see the sky through the branches, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic looking up through the trees. Winter is not my favorite time of the year, but I love bare trees far more than full. Oh man, I found SOMETHING I like about winter. Is that even possible ~lol~ Love the quote, but I admit that sometimes when I get up in the morning I wish the weaving had slowed just a little.

    Have a great weekend.
    2-6 inches of snow predicted here.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. though it is cold and snowy in the woods right now, seeing the "bones" of the trees has always been one of winters gifts. I like how you put it. Stay warm and enjoy being one of the universes small wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that feeling so well! and the lacy, filigree of the bare branches is also one of my favorite things about winter - silver against blue sky - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...