.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, April 21, 2014

"Timepiece"



You never know where a bit of thought and meditation might take you.  This time it took me on a walk through 'time'.  



Using the door symbol I thought about walking through it, either inside or out, just as we walk through time all of our lives.



Numbers can rule our lives -- and if not rule them they certainly play an important place in our everyday activities.  I've come to think of time and numbers as a tool we've used to enhance civilization.  When there are large numbers of us we must have some way to control it all -- thus we keep time and we count the days.



As for me -- my studio work often takes me away from time.  For a bit of each day I am lost in ideas, thread, fabric and color and I treasure each moment (while not counting it).

"What then is time?  If no one asks me, I know what it is.  If I wish to explain it to him who asks, I do not know." - Saint Augustine


9 comments:

  1. Now that I have "All The Time In The World" I don't want to keep track of time. I want no designation of when to rise, eat or go to bed. I am governed by others needs. My time is not my own..but on reflection, would I really want it to be?
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to tell you what a cool piece this is. I like the color and design. Is the clock a recycled piece or a charm? Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing house, love it, you are going to have the most amazing village I think it may be difficult to decide which one to move in to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the shape is a bit like a Time Capsule as well. Just like you, time disappears when I'm at the work table or sitting with stitch ...
    It's GRAND, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has turned out beautifully. I love the door image on the front. Any significance to the numbers on the back?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's delightful - full of lovely texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol got lost in your thoughts, then recalled how inspiring this piece is. Same here! Time is almost my own, but not all and I guess that's good. This piece is so beautiful, I love your charms and colors. From the clock hand charms to the lovely door, I want to walk through it and explore. Simply beautiful, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about one with wings....

    ...and "Time Flies" or

    "Tempus Fugit" on the front!!

    x C

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this lovely little house when you first posted it? Too much going on to spend time at my PC, so now I'm having the pleasure of catching up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...