.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, April 4, 2014

Today I'm Thankful For...


...tea and chocolate.  Each day I begin with a large cup of hot tea.  I turn my 'bubble machine' on and wait for the water to boil.  I place my 'Jasmine Green' tea bag into the cup and pour the hot water over it.



Oh how I love my tea -- its almost like the deep breaths that I spoke of in an earlier post. Time stops for a moment, I breathe in the aroma of my morning tea and wait until it is cool enough to sip.

In the afternoon I switch flavors to "Rose White" - a most delicate flavor and aroma. It takes pausing to appreciate it, and with pleasure I spend a few quiet minutes in heaven.



I have another guilty (well not so guilty) pleasure with my afternoon tea.  A square of dark chocolate.  Chocolate with other flavors in it such as lime and sea salt.  Chocolate that is grown organically, and with the health of the workers kept in mind.  Chocolate that I can only get at stores such as Earth Fare or Fresh Market.  They are as dear as gold and much more valuable to me.

Each day, I have many opportunities to be thankful but tea time is an especially rich time for thought and thanks.


"Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things." - Chaim Potok

6 comments:

  1. The tea sounds like a great punctuation to the day. Aromatic teas do help to force a pause, whereas ordinary tea tends just to get drunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea is such a wonderful ritual. I like chai with lots of milk and a whisper of honey. My favorite accompaniment is a slice of fresh bread slathered with butter and a drizzle of honey. Now that is sinful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so soothing and meditative. Fortunately really good chocolate is easy (perhaps far too easy?!) to pick up here. Green and Black's dark chocolate with ginger is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know those that love their tea and often refer to it as a ritual. I, however, absolutely adore the smell of fresh brewed coffee. I love coffee and drink entirely too much. But give me a cup of Joe and a short rest in my recliner and I'm ready to go again!! BTW, love your cup.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...