.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, April 18, 2014

What A Mess!


I have boxes designated for 'things and stuff'.  I have jars which show the 'things and stuff'. I have drawers in which to store the 'things and stuff'.  I have shelves which actually hold 'things and stuff'.



But there is a corner of my desk that defies any organization that I might practice. Underneath it all is a metal basket which I put there to hold the items that I might be working with at any given time.



But then there is this.  I can hardly see the basket, and like a tidal wave the 'things and stuff' are spilling out over the edges.  They are piling up on top of each other.  And of course anything I might need is buried deep within this pile.



As I 'glean and gather' it all gets put in this same spot.  Oh well, its spring and perhaps the spring cleaning bug will bite me and I'll get it all nice and organized - or not!

"Exactness and neatness in moderation is a virtue, but carried to extremes it narrows the mind." - Francois Fenelon

5 comments:

  1. OMG!! Did I write this post? I have a small table in the middle of my room, about 20 x 50 that is meant to be a work table of sorts. Why can't I keep the clutter OFF OF IT!!

    Happy Easter.

    BTW: I am taking a punch needle class on the 29th. I'm not a very good lone beginner so I signed up!

    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping desperately for the spring cleaning bug to bite ... but no luck so far. I tell myself there's no time because of family and an exhibition deadline and lots of other stuff. Or is that just an excuse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now imagine what it's like if there are two of you with the same chaotic ways, sharing the space and doing completely different things...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a fascinating pile of stuff though - as lovely in its own way as those adorable piles of boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this post? Looks like a beautiful mess to me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...