.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, April 28, 2014

Spring Colors


I can hardly be contained inside my studio these days.  The colors of spring are calling me. And so, while in my studio I have resolved to try to capture some of these outside colors in a 'Garden Cottage'.



The design drawn -- I've written (in pencil) the various shades of floss that I want to use.



The door is attached and the fun has begun.  Although I'll never capture the true nature of the colors and beauty outside my window perhaps when finished it can be a reminder of all that I have to be thankful for during this time of the year.

"Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made and forgot to put a soul into." - Henry Ward Beecher

5 comments:

  1. Seems like you are working outside your color zone. (although you DO use a bit of blue). These doors you found are great.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued - I would have thought attaching the door first, it would get in the way of your working. Surprised and impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the blooming and sprouting Penny!

    x C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, yes you will capture the essence of color and beauty, you always do. I really like the touch added by your doors. It's going to be a wonderful addition to your little village, love the name "Garden Cottage'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours and I love that door!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...