.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, April 7, 2014

Then and Now

Not so long ago -- this was the scene in the garden.  



The flower pots showed no signs of their spring selves and this poor butterfly wondered what all this cold white stuff was...



Today, as I walk out the door I'm greeted with this beautiful white bloodroot  flower - shyly still closed up.

As the sun starts to shine so does this lovely, ethereal flower.



The phlox is in full bloom, even a little earlier this year than last and already spreading rapidly.

Each season has its beauty but after being an 'inside' creature for this past winter, I'm happy to celebrate spring.

"I am going to try to pay attention to the spring.  I am going to look around at all the flowers, and look up at the hectic trees.  I am going to close my eyes and listen." - Anne Lamott


8 comments:

  1. Oh we have waited toooo long! I can't find anything blooming yet, but day lillies are sprouting up. We are having fence delivered today for the pond area because those dang pups love to each bushes and find great joy in dropping things in the pond.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have the hedgerows coming into leaf again. I've been missing green...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our big chestnut is putting out buds and leaves too!

    It's going in the right direction...

    x C

    ReplyDelete
  4. No spring in Toronto yet, but it has been warming up, so there's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see your spring starting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes...so lovely when nature awakens from her winter dreams.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Spring, spring, spring" said the bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cosiness of winter but I'm ready for spring now. I love it when every time you go into the garden it rewards you with something that wasn't there last time you looked.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...