.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, October 9, 2015

Parlez-vous Francais?


...sadly I don't.  At my parents insistence I took two years of Latin in high school.  Hmmm how many times have I used that?

I've always loved the sound of words in French.  Just recently I've been called upon to learn a few French words.  Am I going to Paris for vacation - sadly no.  A bit of French has come to me quite unexpectedly.

And so for now I'll leave you with these few words to ponder - lapin, gerenne, troupeau and of course merci and bonjour.

"By the way, the secret of speaking French is confidence.  Whether you are right or wrong, you don't hesitate." - Joseph Epstein


 merci and bon jour.

7 comments:

  1. You've certainly got me speculating about what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a little-sadly I took French through high school and one semester in college-and I remember so little of it! Guess it must be used to stay in my brain...Can't wait to see what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latin in high school, French in college. Could probably speak more Latin than French just because of medical and legal terms and plant names!

    Can't wait to see what is going on! I do recognize lapin, merci, and bon jour, but will have to look up the other words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did both, my french was not a lot of use in Paris. I could read some but the spoken word, less said the better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I'd had more Latin and less German, of which I remember pretty much nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know any foreign language. I do know some Polish. And Terry has taught me the Korean words he learned while stationed there, some of which I shouldn't know!! First I thought you might be cooking French. Then I thought perhaps you are going to a French restaurant. Why the heck are you learning such French words that made me google the translations? Curiosity killed the cat!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Francais, perhaps the world's most beautiful language...whatever you're up to, I'm sure it's going to be something fun :) bon jour

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...