.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, October 23, 2015

Changing My Ways


For quite awhile now, I have made dolls (and birds) using colored and or patterned fabric as the body.  Each one was made individually from start to finish.  And then rabbits came into my life.  Because each rabbit is made using the same coffee stained fabric for heads, bodies, legs and arms I found that I could make up a group (or is it troupe) and then add their 'decorations' later.  I can even make all of the faces at the same time, add whiskers and decorate their toes.



This probably seems like nothing to write about -- but its made a huge change in the way I prepare these little critters and I love it.  I work for a day or two and make up 5 or 6 blank rabbits at once.   They will then sit there waiting patiently for me to take one at a time from its perch.  That's the fun part, decorating, making up the stories, etc.
  

I love this new-to-me way of working and I'm looking forward to many hours ahead in the company of rabbits.

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." - Wayne Dyer

8 comments:

  1. :) Invasion! Love these funny wabbits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought "what a strange post". I have a background in making and selling soft dolls years ago when craft shows were the rage...in the 80s. It was a necessity for me to express myself and supplement our income when the recession hit and Terry couldn't find a job for 2 years (besides cash odd jobs). An assembly line of bodies to be transformed into unique personalities. That's the best part!! Yup, back then we raised bunnies...and I can testify that if you don't watch out you'll have more bunnies than you can handle!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, you know what they say about rabbits...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly the bunnies know how they want arrive in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many different ways of making things, glad you are enjoying the embellishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's very cool that you allow the process to evolve and guide you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what fun! I like your method. I would love to wake up in the morning, look at a bunny and say, who will you be today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are definitely multiplying - hope they don't get out of control!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...