.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, October 19, 2015

Greta Grass




"Gotcha" -- that's what I cried when I spotted this little rabbit collecting the grass seed my resident gardener had just sown.  "Whatever are you doing?"



"Winter is coming and I need to collect the seeds for our grass plot next spring" she said quite meekly.  Oh my, was that me acting so rudely?  Of course there is plenty of grass and seed to be shared.  Happily we went about fitting each seed into her small collecting vial.

As she turned away I couldn't help but admire her flowery tail.

"Nourish beginings, let us nourish beginnings.  Not all things are blest, but the seeds of all things are blest.  The blessing is in the seed." - Muriel Rukeyser




7 comments:

  1. OMGosh, her tail is too cute! I really think she has been to my house too. I have an area in the back yard with no grass at all. I blamed the dogs for digging, but on second thought, I think the seed was snatched and the grass voraciously eaten. I'm going to be on the lookout!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think her cousin lives here. Hidden amongst the goldenrod, she thinks she is invisible! Your little rabbit is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Carol--that is the best tail ever! I love that Greta is planning ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delightful to see your wee critters pop off this page to greet me! You must have had a very interesting childhood given your sense of imagination & whimsy. And btw, have I ever told you how much I love the sage green color of your blog background? So soothing...............

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her tail, and all of her, can't wait for more, actually remember they do breed like, er, rabbits.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...