.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, February 5, 2016

Hibernation

                                                                     Groundhog

This time of the year my mind and body want to go into hibernation.  I want to snuggle down someplace warm and nest myself until oh maybe March or April.
                                                                          Dormouse

I'm not alone in this.  While humans don't really hibernate there is this inclination, when the weather is cold and the days are short, to want to be safe and warm and even asleep. 
                                                                             Squirrels

This is the time of the year that I realize the young squirrels have the right idea, as do the groundhogs and the hazel dormouse.  Don't they look cozy?

"Hibernation is a covert preparation for a more overt action." - Ralph Ellison

6 comments:

  1. These photos are so adorable. There is something to be said for being footloose and fancy free. Hibernation for a week, a month, or longer is an option with no responsibilities and bills to pay. I love the little dormouse, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a natural instinct. I believe it's good to honor the cycles of nature, the pulling of the moon sbd the stars, the urge to rejoin the world when the warmth of the sun calls once again. I focus on hearth and home and keeping life simple during these times. Cups of tea, perhaps a cookie and a good book. Then in no time, my energies rise as tiny buds poke out or through and i hear the song of Spring again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very tempting. I could just do with a bit of hibernation myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Time to curl up and get comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to hibernate...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...