.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, January 4, 2016

Flying Through The Holidays

Okay, not what you thought huh??  I guess you could call these two part of our family.  Both of them have been sitting in the dining area over the holidays.  "Striped Rabbit" is very well dressed, at least compared to his predecessors. Perhaps that's why he got chosen for the ride.

This metal bird is one of my very, very favorite companions.  A friend and I once asked each other 'if you could only take one thing from your house, what would it be?'  I immediately, without even thinking, said 'my metal bird'.  I know that must seem strange but looking at him calms me and he has attitude.   One needs a little bit of attitude to get by in this world.

I have heard rumors that there are some very jealous rabbits out there.  This one may have to relinquish his seat once in awhile so others might 'fly'!

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were.  But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

9 comments:

  1. I am not surprised you love that bird. I'm sure the Rabbit knows he has an honored perch. I have a small crow I love. He is clipped to an old time clock in one of my favorite wall vignettes. I can't say he would be the one thing I would take from MY house, but I sure would miss him. I think I have a couple of back up crows too...you know...just in case My Three Crows call him to sneak out of the patio door.
    Happy New Year.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Bunny's stripes speak of his independent attitude. He's a non-conformist, for sure. I love your little block too. I'll be watching for more bunnies to take a ride on this sturdy bird. Looks like two might fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that bird too! I love how your rabbits are changing as you make them! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone is enjoying their piggy back ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you like that bird!!

    ...and I love that Wabbit too...

    x C

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little sign that accompanies your cheerful bird and bunny. I could have used that this Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope there is no squabbling...! Love the sign too - think I might have to steal the sentiment for next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...