.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, March 30, 2015

"Highly" Unlikely


Out of the corner of my eye, one day not long ago, I spotted something.  Up on the top of the curtain rod - had a bird gotten inside?  Oh dear!



I got the step ladder to get a closer look - hoping that if it was a bird it wouldn't fly into my face.  But no, it was a strange small person - looking as if he had every right to be sitting high above the ground.


Introducing ourselves to each other I found out that his name is "Highly".  As such, it is his task in life to end up appearing in places that are highly unlikely for a little waif to be.

I asked him if his ancestors might have been explorers and he nodded his head sagely and said 'its certainly likely'.  He wouldn't tell me if there are others of his kind wandering my house at night - perching here and there - but I have a feeling I will find that out in due time.

 "From there to here and here to there, funny things are everywhere." - Dr. Seuss


13 comments:

  1. Highly is the BEST ever. Everyone will think very HIGHLY of him. He is Highly appreciated in the word world.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger Comments are being HIGHLY uncooperative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, poor Carol. ;) Penny, with your penchant for the most whimsical use of words, and with so many places in your house for Highly's relatives to take up residence, I think we are in for a wild and fun ride! I love his kissy nose, and you know buttons always get my attention. Delightful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise to find perched on a curtain rod! Careful observation is in order in hopes of finding more charmers in unlikely places!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, I tried to remove bloggers repeats but although it said they are removed they're still there -- so nice to hear from you so many times *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure Highly will introduce you to a whole host of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny… could a "story" be unfolding here? Highly is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love his hat and his wonderful hair - reminds me of me in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I hope you find more of his kind in and around your place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's got such a gorgeous little face and he looks so happy to be up there on the curtain pole!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...