.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, March 21, 2014

Third Month Meditation


For some reason, the months of January and February were not to my liking.  I found myself tense over nothing, feeling oddly out of sorts, unsure of whatever task I was working on.  

One day, I saw the above picture on  Esther's emakesart blog.  It was a beautifully constructed journal page and it reminded me to breathe.  I have practiced deep breathing in the past but not for quite awhile. 



Taking a deep breath from way down and then letting it out slowly was a sure cure for what ailed me.  The lovely thing about it is that it can be done anytime, anywhere. For those few seconds of concentrated breathing the world goes away.  Breathing in the air I become part of the universe, and breathing out gives me peace.  

Thank you to Esther for allowing me to show you her works and for reminding me to breathe.

"When people ask me what the most important thing is in life, I answer: 'Just breathe'." - Yoko Ono

6 comments:

  1. This always works to help me fall asleep, always. Very yoga-like, all about the breath. Lovely and meaningful pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very appropriate colors for meditative thoughts. I learned a long time ago that deep breathing can help to bring emotions under control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true that feeling harried can make you feel breathless, and if you stop and breathe it helps to bring everything back under control. Maybe January and February were simply a bit frantic..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so important for us to allow ourselves time to just breathe……….

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so wonderful!! You are so very welcome! And thank you so much for sharing this. I feel so blessed to have helped in any way!
    After my post of this spread, I added some thoughts about the important of rest to the page on the left... I think I need to reread it now and maybe even post it. Thank you for bringing this back to my attention :-)

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...