.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Going to Nevada

No, that's not me perched precariously on an old, old airplane -- but considering the state of air travel these days I may feel like that by the time we wing our way across the country to Nevada and back.

I'm so excited to be traveling to see our youngest grandson graduate from high school, to hug my son and to meet his new family.  Its been quite awhile since we've visited there and my desert longings have been growing and growing these past few months.

We'll be staying in Virginia City - an old silver mining town up in the hills above Carson City.  As you can see, this picture was taken when snow was on the surrounding mountains - the pictures I bring back this time to share will surely show no snow.  But I love this picture of the old cemetary.  Its a lovely place to walk - quietly among stories that were created long, long ago.

For now, I'm off to make my own story -- which I'll gladly share with you upon my return.

"He who would travel happily must travel light". -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...