.quickedit{display:none;}

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Welcome Spring!

No spring has been as welcomed as this one, this year!  Time has warped throughout winter making not only the gray, cold, snowy days long and dreary but each week, each month cried out for sunshine and warmth and SPRING!

So here it is -- I intend to keep winter in my heart as an impetus toward more walking, more being outdoors this spring and summer and fall.  I will remember the snowbound/icebound/housebound days of this winter and get outside as much as possible.  Perhaps I'll even move my beading out onto the porch - just to soak in the warmth and the green and the freedom of being able to do so.

I share with you this picture -- doesn't it look like a shiny green egg?  Actually it is a green bottle that someone left in the woods.  Look carefully through the glass and you will see tiny, bright green leaves.  A plant of some sort has taken hold inside the bottle and offers this beautiful treasure in the middle of a pile of leaves and winter debris. 

So now that the earth is revealed and sprouts are sprouting and bits of plant life are peeking ever so carefully from beneath a layer of fall leaves -- I intend to soak in the warmer weather and to walk oh so delightfully into spring. 

"Every spring is the only spring, a perpetual astonishment". - Ellis Peters

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya, walking into this spring with MUCH anticipation!

    Lovely bottled plant :>]]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...