.quickedit{display:none;}

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Breathe - March BJP

Taking a deep breath - I present 'Breathe' - my March BJP.  I had much joy working on this month's 'bookmark'.  As March came into being I put February and all its ups and downs behind me.  Of course it helped that except for one large, wet snow on March 2nd our weather has been mild.  It helped that the temperatures were not in the 20's (or below) and that I have been able to get out and walk most days.  It helped that the sun greeted me through my studio window more mornings than not.

As I read the definitions for 'breathe' numbers 3 and 5 in my dictionary spoke to me most clearly:  breathe to live; exist - and breathe to pause, as for breath; take rest.  What gremlin put that particular word into my hand when I reached into the jar toward the end of February?  I thank him/her as this was a much needed word!

Because of the onset of spring the various shades of green that greet us when we step outdoors (or that sit above my work table in the shape of beads) had to be used.  As I worked on this piece my mind took me into the woods of the mountains here in western North Carolina -- on paths that I've walked many times and on new paths as yet undiscovered by me. 

One of my beading quests this year has been to learn new-to-me stitches.  For this project I utilized the following stitches:  backstitch, chain stitch, peyote, half pekinese, moss stitch, shaded satin stitch.  Who knew so many different types of stitches could be placed on such a small piece of work!

"Breathe.  Allow yourself the luxury of doing nothing for a moment, or an hour, or even a day.  It is in emptiness that inspiration will happen." - Carol Katchen

14 comments:

  1. This is just stunning to me. I absolutely love the colors. And I love that you executed so many different stitches on one piece! What a fun thing to do. The beading is so precise (as always with your pieces) and I just love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is just Gorgeous! The colors you used are wonderful...I love everything about this! Awesome work! I hope that you have a great day!
    Hugs and happy beading...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and directions the beadwork takes. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you for your kind comments. I really, really enjoyed doing this BJP -- now its on to the next one (hmmm wonder what the word will be)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how funny, Penny! Your colors are so similar to the ones that I used this month, but for a totally different concept :-) Lovely bookmark you made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Spring forest floor just ready for breath. Kt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful. I love all the shades of green!! Very, very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This piece really spoke to me...I loved all of it...color, design, cab...but mostly I loved the ribbons. No way to explain it! Lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LUV seeing the close-up of all those stitches you're trying...simply BEAUTEOUS!! And definitely speaks to ***spring*** :>]]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love seeing each one you make, such wonderful beading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Green is my favorite colour so I just love this piece. Very jealous of the variety of beads you have used. My choice is very limited in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very lovely! The colors are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...