.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, August 28, 2015

U Turn

[Jen of "Bayou Quilts" is the winner of the 4th Whisperer]


Fortunately the road rules in my studio do allow me to make a U-turn once in awhile.  That is exactly what I'm doing these days.



You might remember the few dolls that I made back in early June.  They were my first linen dolls.  Sadly I was never quite 'satisfied' with them and a trip to Nevada interrupted my creative flow.



These days I've made a U-turn and gone back to this basic design, making some alterations that are more pleasing to me and bringing them up to date.  Sometimes a U-turn can be quite fun. 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's helpful, perhaps even necessary, to walk away from a project. Upon returning, things take on a new approach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll find yourself making sense of them again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to have a challenge. I am sure what you create will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how our mind takes a rest then brings a new thought that tells our muse and there we go, back on the bus!!
    Happy Weekend
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so thrilled to be a winner of a Whisperer! I'm glad to see that linen is working its magic on you again, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rules are made to be broken!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...