.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, November 21, 2014

Story Telling



Its magic is it not?  This story telling of ours.  Yes, all of us in blog land are basically story tellers.  Some of us tell factual tales of our life, our loves and the world around us.  Others tell stories through images - of beauty and grace and magical places.  Yet others make up stories - stories of ogres and witches and fairies and princesses -- or even of everyday life in a town like Lickety-Split.  

With each  posting we share a bit about ourselves, even if we don't mean to. And in reading the others' posts we learn what is important to the writer, what is loved and what is hated and where you've been and where you're going and once again its MAGIC!

Keep on spinning the tales and sharing the real...

"I like that 'once upon a time' quality, where the telling of a tale has an elevated sense of story.  There's a whimsical quality to it.  Sometimes in fairy tales more things seem possible, even though often they're real world based." - Erin Morgenstern

6 comments:

  1. I never thought about this, but it must be true that we reveal a bit of ourselves in our blog posts. After all, I'm sure of those I'd like to meet and hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a SWELL post, Penny !

    I absolutely totally completely unabashedly concur. So many ways to tell stories - everyone unique - and blogs are an easy platform for doing so. Have met many a tale-conjurer out here amongst the interpixies, some I've followed for years [you, for one!] and I'm very grateful for those connections & the added dimension they bring to my life.

    "... spinning the tales and sharing the real ..." ooh, I like the sound of that very much !

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the best is when we can step into those tales, even a little and become part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is a known spin-weaver. He has told so many tales over the years, mostly to my grandsons. Now, at 17 and 19 they bring up the memories of tales that were created just for them. AND, they remember some great adventures that I shared with them as well. I forget that I have a bit of fantasy in me that you bring out of me so well.

    That bit of self that bloggers share is what I love so much.

    Happy Thanksgiving.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. True indeed. Story telling is important to us all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...