.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Coming

 
The trumpet vine sings its own song against the fence as I walk around the yard.



The grasses are showing teeny, tiny blooms.


The Sweetspire bushes bow under the weight of their blooms.  Soon their fragrant aroma will fill the air.

 
The Dahlia's are beginning to reveal their opulence.  Their lushness is such a treat to see.

At this time its still quiet in the garden because the bees and hummingbirds haven't quite appeared.  But they will be here soon - to add their summer songs to the mix.

"I am going to try to pay attention to the spring.  I am going to look around at all the flowers, and look up at the hectic trees.  I am going to close my eyes and listen". - Anne Lamott

3 comments:

  1. Lovely!!!! You yard must be beautiful. I picture it interspersed and hung with lush green everywhere inside that earthy wooden fence border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear the bees buzzing - just as long as they're in a good mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...I have sun on my fence too. Pink Trumpet vine...devine. Mine is just taking hold and is orange. I think I saw some bloom, but its raining and I think I'll check tomorrow. I planted geraniums on the front deck again this year. I love watching the hummers in them. Ain't summer grand!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...