.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, November 19, 2012

Contemplation and Exploration

These waning days of fall make me want to cocoon - to curl up where its warm and cozy.   I'm finding that with the past month being so hectic and disjointed (for several reasons) I feel the need to nurture two things in my life.

The first is contemplation [contemplation to look at; to view thoughtfully; to meditate on; to have in view.]  I need/want time to let my mind wander into magical worlds where anything is possible.  I need/want time to myself with no distractions from the 'outside' world. 

 
The second is exploration [exploration to visit and search through; to examine throughout.]  To spend time searching for ideas; to explore thoughts that might translate into my work; to experiment with new techniques/colors/designs.


How fortunate I am that winter is coming - it the time of the year that is quieter, calmer and less demanding from the outside (unless one has to shovel snow).  Over the next few months I hope to spend a little bit of each day in both these endeavors.   

"You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you." - James Allen

4 comments:

  1. It's always important for creative people to have time to consider, contemplate - and play. I hope life conspires to grant you the opportunity to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so important to us folk. Here's hoping you (and me too actually) can find the quiet of winter a time to contemplate and explore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be the time of the year. My contemplation and meditation usually occurs in quiet time spent by the pond in the summer. It's my place to connect with the Universe and examine my inner thoughts. Time was not my own this summer so I eagerly await the Christmas tree where I can gaze and lose myself in thought.

    Happy Thanksgiving.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. To "cocoon" and to "explore" -- on the surface two activities that seem at odds, but I know you have way to make them work together! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...