.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, April 23, 2012

Cottonwood Trees


While in Nevada we came across several huge, old Cottonwood Trees -- I was entranced by them.  Apparently they live up to 100 years although I suspect some of them live longer than that - considering where we found them in the heart of Virginia City.


What caught my eye this time was the soft white-washed color of the trunks and branches.  It shows up so well with the soft browns around it - with the lavender color of the shade in the late afternoon and against the true blue sky.


I love to stand next to a huge, old tree - thinking about the years and events that have occurred during its lifetime.  I love the strength that trees show me -- each thundershower, windstorm, warm sunny day shaping them throughout the years.  I always feel like I can tell a tree any secrets I might have.

"I like trees because they seem more resigned to the way they have to live than other things do." - Willa Cather

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful trees! I love trees.
    Two in our back yard are dying and I still love them. They re home to my squirrels and woodpeckers.

    Recently we have noticed a few parcels of land that have been cleared of trees in hope that the lots will sell. How sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look like wonderful old trees - the texture on the bark is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So strong! I like the yoga suggestion while doing balance work to picture being rooted in the earth like a tree. It works!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...