.quickedit{display:none;}

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Art Guild Challenge - part 1

This picture by Gustov Klimt, entitled "Golden Apple Tree" is the challenge for our small group of mixed media artists.  We were given this picture in June and asked to interpret it in our own medium and style.  There were no rules or regulations - except for the deadline of Monday, September 20th.

InspiredArts is a group of mixed media artists who meet once a month to share, and chat and discuss creativity.  We inspire each other and are a built in 'cheering section' as each of us creates our own work.  Our members' talents include: jewelry, rug hooking, photography, beading, embroidery, silk painting, basketry, felting apparel and weaving.  Quite a variety huh?!

This is the first challenge we've done and I can hardly wait until next Monday when all is revealed.

I've had a lot of fun creating my interpretation - but I'm sorry I can't show it to you until after Monday.  Stay tuned...

"Challenge yourself, its fine not to be a totally finished person". - Leigh Steinberg

4 comments:

  1. This group sounds fantastic, and I can't wait to see the results of your effort with this painiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a great teaser...I'll be back monday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your piece! The Aussome group I belong to currently has a traveling exhibit we did (and are adding to) call Inspired by the Masters. Using master artists, like Klimt, for our inspiration. You can see some of them on my blog. It is fun to see how everyone is inspired to do something different. Hope you can post all of your groups work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...