.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, January 29, 2010

Interlude

Here it is the end of January and I have just barely finished up my January BJP.  Really, its only the first month and here I am scrambling to get the very first piece done in time! But it is finished - except that I will be framing each piece once I complete more of them.

This piece was worked while snow piled up outside my North Carolina windows.  The word for January was: Interlude - an itervening episode, period, space, etc.  I decided to use 'time' as my representation for this word.  I used a watch face with a charm face attached to it and also the inside workings of an old watch I had on hand.  I love to work with time themes -- the whole idea of time fascinates me.  Each season of the year seems to have its own time flow.  In the winter time can move quite slowly.  With no desire to go outside into the cold -- I find myself cocooning in my studio.  This is the perfect 'time' to curl up with a good book, or to learn new bead embroidery stitches, or just watch the weather outside and be thankful that I have shelter, warmth, food and a comfy bed to curl up in when the day ends.

Now it is on to February's BJP -- my hand dips into the jar and pulls out a word.  Nope I'm not telling what word it is yet... stay tuned.

"Dost thou love life?  Then do not squander time for that's the stuff life is made of." - Benjamin Franklin

18 comments:

  1. i really love this. the colors, the circles and then the waves, the stitching is so perfect and meticulous. it's all very intriguing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous. I love the colors and the waves also. And I love the clock/face that you included. What a beautiful piece for January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for how to chose the theme for the month! I love your piece...just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Your use of words as themes is great. I especially like your colors. I hope to use grey myself later in the year.
    Marty S
    Crackpot Beader

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - thanks everyone! It was great fun to do and I'm looking forward to February's beading adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and so fitting to the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful piece. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding!!! Amazing work. I adore it.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful piece. A bookmark and a word; very clever idea. Looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh! This is so lovely, Penny! Soft, flowing (like time, as you say), grey/silver yet not in anyway sad or feeling down... You really caught the essence of interlude! I love it!

    Robin A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A delightful piece wirh amazing colours. It amuses me that so many people are influence by the snow or mention snow, while I swelter in a very hot and humid summer.
    Looking forward following your year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this piece, Penny. As an avid reader, I can surely appreciate your use of words. Nice start to the year.

    Arline

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful! The colors are so soft and relaxing. I really like your theme idea also!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo, it looks peaceful. That's the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the word 'interlude' too. And I love the ribbons. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everyone! I so appreciate your comments. I knew I was going to love belonging to the BJP!! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those colors—it's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOOHHH, I hadnt seen this yet. Still having your dark moon goddess(maybe not what you call her,,,:) in mind, this one reminds me of her sun kissed alter ego. Love the gold in with all the whites. Carries a festive thread through the cold sterile chill of winter. Sounds like she was fun to make! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...