.quickedit{display:none;}

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Time to Ponder



As I enter into this 'quiet' time of the year I find that prioritizing is definitely a 'must' for the coming year.  Having just completed the Studio Tour my inventory is a little lower and there is a major show coming up in May.  How to get many pieces done before that date?  It seems daunting at 4 am when my eyes snap open and my mind starts churning.  I have made up a list of types of pieces that I want to have finished by that 'deadline' and it will mean that I will have to focus, focus, focus.  At the same time I want each piece to reflect my inner self - not an arbitrary deadline. 

Time, time, time - that's what I need! Perhaps the answer to the dilemma of working under a time constraint and still putting my heart and soul into my work is to take it one day, one hour, one bead at a time.  I may fret and worry when I'm not beading but I won't allow myself to fret and worry when I am beading.  That is my time - time to wrap myself in my studio sanctuary, to study the beads and listen to what they say to me, to savor the colors that surround me and take each stitch carefully.  And so I tell myself that everything will get done - but the most important thing for me to remember is that each finished piece be a representation of my dreams and aspirations.

"Events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order the continuous thread of revelation". - Eudora Welty

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...