.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, May 26, 2014

Absence vs. Fulfillment


Walking into my studio one morning recently -- looking at the most tidy of work tables.  Everything was 'put away', everything was neat.

A feeling of the blah's came over me.  Instead of being happy with this neat and tidy area I felt like something was missing.  It was not a feeling of satisfaction about having cleaned up a mess but a feeling that I most definitely needed to make a 'new' mess.



And so I proceeded to do just that.  I put 'stuff' here and there, I played with colors and images and thoughts of what I wanted to do next.  I made a joyful mess.

The next time you chastise yourself about not being 'tidy' or 'organized', pat yourself on the back and let your imagination take over. Each piece to be 'put away' may inspire you to start something new.  It worked for me...

"The happiness of  a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions." - Alfred Lord Tennyson


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes too much tidiness is rather counter-productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being tidy is good, but being inspired to be creative is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it is the materials themselves that speak to us and give us inspiration! I work best with a happy medium - only a few things out that pertain to the current project. I feel stressed when everything is a jumble (like it is now!!) and find that I have to tidy up before the creative spirit will flow. The creative process is so fascinating! different for everyone it seems.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...