.quickedit{display:none;}

Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Country Garden" Heart


This year has given our whole neighborhood a bumper crop of Hydrangeas -- and the most spectacular fuchsia color that I've ever seen.  Of course I had to use this color in a heart loop-pile embroidery.

Add to that the finding of this marvelous dragonfly charm - hidden in amongst my stash of 'found objects' - the heart practically made itself.

Somehow hearts and gardens seem to go together -- perhaps it is a bond with the earth and its bounty that we each have.  While I myself do not have a green thumb, its with delight that I can translate the natural world into stitchery.

"By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower". - Rabindranath Tagore

9 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. I love the colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...delightful...


    ...as always :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any year we get any Hydrangea flowers at all is a banner year, even just one! This is a unique color, and I'm sure your bushes are beautiful, but I wonder if they can be as lovely as your piece and all the thought that went into it. I want to be your neighbor and benefit from your art and your thoughts first-hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color combination and details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your hearts. This one is a beauty too. And I covet that dragonfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a friend whose symbol is a dragonfly. Chris, you are going to get me searching the net for punch-needles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What the heck did I write Chris for?.....Sorry Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The advantage of the stitched variety of garden is that even my "brown thumb" does it no harm!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...