.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, September 12, 2014

Today I am thinking about...


'Listening'.  This day I will spend really and truly listening.  As I walk I will listen for bird calls, leaves rustling, the sound of a small branch falling from a tree.  So many sounds that I usually walk right past.

I will  listen carefully to those who speak to me today.  Not just the lip service of hearing the 'gist' but actually weighing their words.  Not just a nod to show I understand when I haven't really listened fully.

I will truly listen to the music that fills my day. Everyday I have music in my studio -- today I will really and truly listen to it.   I'll sing along, get up and dance or at least sway to the rhythm and the sound.

Today I will be listening - truly and deeply to all the sounds around me.  I wish I could perfect the habit of doing this all the time.

"Part of doing something is listening.  We are listening.  To the sun.  To the stars.  To the wind." - Madeleine L'Engle, Swiftling Tilting Planet

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding me that this is something I should be much more mindful of. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...