.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, May 10, 2013

My Thoughts




As I stood taking pictures of the 'big' country that surrounded me last week I realized that never, ever would I be able to convey to anyone, through photography, the grandeur of the land on which I was standing.


When the deep blue sky goes from horizon to horizon and huge mountains surround me - how can that be captured in my small lens? 


My thoughts were that I am so very small, especially when standing in the middle of this enchanted open land, and my insignificance is enhanced in my mind.  That's not a bad feeling for me - it puts my everyday thoughts, worries, even joys into a perspective that becomes crystal clear in the high desert light.


At the same time I get a feeling of being a part of something so huge and unimaginable - so beautiful and wild and rugged - that to be a small cog in its existence is the greatest of blessings.  I am thankful that I can stand in my smallness and feel that I'm contributing to its history.  If I am to value a small rock found along the side of the road why wouldn't I also value my own being and try to live up to the great challenges that a lifetime brings?


This past week has only brought the wonders and gifts that our world presents us to the forefront of my mind and I am both humbled and honored.


Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect.

~ Chief Seattle, 1854 ~
 


5 comments:

  1. I agree, landscapes like that can't really be fully represented - only rejoiced in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...thoughts and landscapes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Majestic land and clear night skies will do that to ya! Sometimes it's hard to remember that we are a significant part of the Universe.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. True that!
    Have fun in your travels.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...