.quickedit{display:none;}

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Boxes on top of boxes

 
I am surrounded by small boxes -- boxes stacked upon each other -- boxes which I've altered in some way or left just the way I found them.  Boxes filled with ephemera.


Although I know that it would be far more efficient if I stuck all my little pieces and parts into nice, see-through containers - I cannot bring myself to walk by a box without bringing it home.


The delicousness of stacking yet another box onto a shelf is one of my secret vices.  Not being able to see within gives me many minutes and hours of joy while I lift the lids off and explore the items I stashed along the way.


There are rusty items in one and old watches in another.  There are buttons in one and little scraps of paper inside another one.


I know in my heart of hearts that overall, few of these items will ever be used.  But oh the pleasure I have in going through them all -- looking for something I just know will be inside the next box I come to -- or better yet discovering something found long ago that has been residing forgotten inside a closed box.

"A collection owns a bit more of you each time you add to it." - Joshua Baer


8 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooooooooooo!!

    ...wouldn't I just Loooooooooooooooove a rummage around those boxes!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love little boxes, have them all over the house after being gifted with them. Such treasures! Yours are being put to good use, mine are mostly empty, but I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooooo true! And, we should all be surrounded by neat boxes of treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel about your boxes, I have a thing about sets of drawers....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your boxes. I truly understand your love of them. My thing is hat boxes. I have tons of hats...and I use hatboxes on top of my dressers to store unmentionables too..gives me more drawer space.

    In my craft room, I must have see through boxes. I get an anxiety attack when I can't find something so I don't dare store supplies in boxes I can't see through. Weird, huh!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you have such an enchanting array of boxes, I'm not at all surprised you get so attached to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a thing for boxes too, especially big boxes. My girls love a big Chinese lacquer workbox I inherited which is filled with smaller boxes, each of which holds treasures. It keeps them quiet for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right...there is something about a box isn't there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...