.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, February 11, 2013

A Tea Party



This isn't your average, run of the mill, tea party.  This tea party involves drying tea bags.  The Green Tea bag that comes out an ever so soft green; the Rooibos tea bags - a tantalizing, rusty mess; the Earl Grey, Chinese Breakfast and Lady Grey that all end up as lovely tea-stained bags.  After drying I take them apart, ever so carefully, to end up with delicate tissue like paper, stained in various shades and ready for decoupage.


But - wait - don't forget the napkins!  Every tea party has to include napkins and my tea party is no exception.  These colorful, patterned napkins, once separated from their backing, make lovely tissue thin pieces, no dying involved.  I can use a pattern as-is from the napkins or tear it into small pieces for the colors and distribute it hither and yon.

These days - this is my idea of a tea party.  What will I do with all of this?  Oh my, you'll have to wait and see about that!

"Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things." - Chaim Potok

8 comments:

  1. Oh boy, here we go...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently model-makers sometimes use the contents of spent tea bags to create leaf-litter on forest floors. There's always a new use for everything, isn't there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's tea week! I love how you use them!! I need to start doing more with my bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm inspired...can't wait to see what you do.
    Drink up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I have the exact same napkins... the ones on the left! That's quite a collection of teabags...fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet I'm gonna like the next step!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. That all sounds so interesting! Can't wait to see what you're going to create.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...