.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, December 26, 2016

Silent Trees


The other day, as I looked out the kitchen window, I realized that the leaves on the trees were gone.  I was looking at the bare bones of the trees that share this small space with me.


For the first time in many months I could see beyond the trees.  I could see the blue sky. I could see each branch as it reached for the sky.



Some trees had tangled their branches with another -- as if reaching out to each other. Others stood proud showing just how very, very tall they are.  And I viewed them in silence and with awe that I should have this beautiful, magical forest outside my back door.

"When one sees the tree in leaf, one thinks the beauty of the tree is in its leaves, and then one sees the bare tree." - Sarah Brana Barak

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and thoughts, Penny. We have many trees like yours, but I really don't think of them as silent unless the air is completely still. Otherwise, they provide resistance to the breezes and emit a most wonderful peaceful sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me thinking metaphysically again. I have a wonderful view as this from my kitchen window, I seldom think of the trees themselves, but scour the branches for the critters that live there. How often I watch a hawk there looking down on the pond searching for a ground critter or bird enjoying a bath on the melting ice of the pond. Do they wait there in the summer as well, hidden by the leaves? I don't know. But I spied one visiting yet again on Christmas Eve...one of several Christmas Eve sightings over the years. Is he bringing me a message? I choose to think he is telling me good things are coming.
    Happy New Year,
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you had a lovely blue sky to set them off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to find another bare tree lover like me. I do love them with leaves-but I've always loved them more without.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...