.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, December 5, 2016

Shhhh


Its darker earlier these days.  Looking out the window I see softening shades of blue and mauve and grey.

I see stones along th3 path and must be careful so that I don't stumble in the early evening hours.

I see a button that looks as if it has been created out of clay, perhaps from the bank of a slowly moving winter stream.


"The pale stars were sliding into their places. The whispering of the leaves was almost hushed.  All about them it was still and shadowy and sweet. It was that wonderful moment when, for lack of a visible horizon, the not yet darkened world seems infinitely  greater -- a moment when anything can happen, anything believed in." - Olivia Howard Dunbar

9 comments:

  1. Lovely. It seems pretty quite right now. We have had our first snowfall yesterday and a storm brewing for Thursday/Friday. A good time to reflect on which path to take.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and subtle - and what a fascinating button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful button to add the completing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely-I hope you will have a gallery to show these works-they are worthy of an art gallery...I also LOVE the quote. Joy~to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, subtle colours and all the lovely different directions of your thread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so loving these little textile beauties! Hope you time of solitude fortified you..even a few days of reflection can be so balancing! I tried to give slow down blogging to every week or week and a half and that really helped me. PS..bless you for including my blog link in your 'small offering column but mine has a glitch in it..reset to www.with-heart-and-hands.com. Has a tiny bit of your blog wording hiding in it. We are connected subconsciously, perhaps? ;-) Blessings to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what is the size of these? "Penny's Palette" of soothing colors wins again. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...