.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, April 17, 2015

Early Spring

I love this time of the year -- its almost made to be for the brave of heart and the givers of promise.

Early spring gives me small flowers -- taking a chance that it won't freeze again -- putting their colors out for for all to see.



Some of them are precursors to the more 'noisy' flowers of summer - such as the phlox.  Taking up great sections along rocks it likes to show off.



Meanwhile, the blue bells move with the spring breezes.



The Dutchman Breeches are so delicately white.



The Blood Root, also white, has a little niche in the side garden.

During this early spring its a treat to step outside each day and look for these small, unassuming beauties.  What a lovely presence they are.

"I am going to try to pay attention to the spring.  I am going to look around at all the flowers, and look up at the hectic trees.  I am going to close my eyes and listen." - Anne Lamott


7 comments:

  1. You have the most humble little beauties in your yard, Penny. They remind me of my last post "!t's the Little Things". I wonder, might your lovely little blossoms be likely to attract an also small "Unlikely"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardens coming alive are so touching. New beginnings of the tenderest kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky you are to have these little beauties for company.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be harder to pay attention in Spring - one feels as though one is coming out of hibernation, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing that it never, ever gets old? After all these years, 43 springs for me, it still seems like unbelievable magic. Our tiny flowers have given way to their bolder brothers and sisters, the irises and the peonies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite season too - everywhere you look something new is nudging its way into being. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, Spring is finally here too. Daffodils are blooming and my daylilles and iris are popping through. Frogs are singing all day and nite and probably eating Terry's fish..lol. The Blue Birds and Evil Sparrows are battling over houses. Not sure yet if any one won. I still see the Blues at the pond, but I think they may have found a cavity in a tree to build a nest.

    We'll relandscape the pond area this year. I need to plant more spring bulbs!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...