.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, February 6, 2015

Letting It Come



Just doodling a few ideas.  Thoughts randomly flitting around inside my head and heart.  Changes coming, I feel it, new thoughts and ideas.  Perhaps even a few old ones, resurrected in a different form?


I’m being drawn for some reason – toward the old and the simple and the plain and the quietness of white and off-white and tea dyed luxuries and hanging vintage. Soft pinks and blues and aquas – all either stained or muted with off white

The shelves are filled to the brim with several communities of dolls.  Sitting here smiling at me – thanking me for their stories. 

And so I think that whatever is coming must hang on the wall – or from a dowel – or on a hanger of sorts – for there is no more room in the cubbies nor in the shelter of shelves.

Hmmm will these thoughts become something?  Or even some things?  Who knows – but for now I’ll just let them gather slowly…

"I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke.  Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?" - Zhuangzi


8 comments:

  1. Hello! I love your photos-and your dolls-can't wait to see what you are going to do next....to answer your question about the pink bird pattern-I developed it for an online instructional site I belong to, and even though I am not teaching there this year, I hope to have the class next year, so the bird pattern will be part of that class.
    I always love your visits to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debra -- I'd love to make a few of your birdies to sit around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandfather used to say, "Slowly, slowly, catchee monkee". I was never sure quite what he meant, but maybe "Let the ideas gather" might work as a transliteration in this case?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I know this Penny restlessness and it always results in something awesome. I'll be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt the earth shake a little just now. Something wonderful is a brewin'!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those soft vintage colours are gorgeous. Such a fertile ground for the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Along with everyone else, I'm eager to see what new journeys await you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, time for a change. It seems time for a softening of winter, and your soft colors feel so good. I can hardly wait to see what comes out of your head next!

    ReplyDelete

It is my wish to respond to comments by private email. If your email address is not available I will try to respond here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...