.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, November 14, 2014

Playing Around


Sometimes its fun just to mess around with fabric and stuffing.  Making up templates, drawing around them, stitching, cutting, turning, filling.  Wondering if this will work or that will work or if any of it will work.  Trying to imagine these bases turning into the idea that is in my head.  Sometimes getting it out of my head, through my fingers is a lot more difficult than I had anticipated.  But for me,  playtime is essential to creativity -- that's pretty much what its all about.

"Trust that little voice in your head that says 'wouldn't it be interesting if...'; and then do it." - Duane Michals


5 comments:

  1. They all look like a very good start for something. Play, and as you say, I'm sure you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting, so you have a few UFOs here? I can't do this, wish I could. But when I start one doll, I can't turn my attention to another until done with the first. I need to learn to play! I'd say you are not only playing, but also practicing at multi-tasking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playing ... yup ... so very important. A wellspring for new ideas, I think. This Duane Micals quote is one of my favorites and I appreciate the reminder [why is this concept so easily forgotten??]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - Licketty-Split has a naturist society?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, you are so right! I still have body parts and bodies stuffed in my sewing studio! Dolls that is.....!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...