.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, September 29, 2014

Prudence Prose


Miss Prose is the keeper of our books. The Lickety-Split Library has been her bailiwick for years.  She's quite set in her ways -- thus there is no computer usage allowed in our little corner of the literary world. 



 She does tend to collect the most obscure books one has ever seen - let alone read.  Perhaps someday when the library inventory is held, such titles as "How To Fix a Whirlagig" or "The Autobiography of Hortense Hightower" will be questioned.  Meanwhile I can safely say that the patrons of our library never get bored while browsing the stacks.


"A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life." - Henry Ward Beecher


7 comments:

  1. Oh Penny another marvel I do enjoy opening posts about the inhabitants of Lickety Split.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God love the Librarians who keep the treasure cataloged and accounted for. Did she tell you to shusssshhh! Those of her ilk don't like noise! Just thought I'd warn you. I've heard a Librarian's tongue click in my direction MANY times ~lol~
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, as a former public library employee, I can relate to this one. I love her name! I also love her little books and ever so slightly askew button eyes. They give her a bit of a blank stare, as if she has not been able to return to reality after reading a great classic. I think my eyes went askew at times in the library, but we allowed computers, that would do it! Penny, you are amazing! I cannot wait to see Lickety Split's residents all in one photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite! I know I've said that before, but really Miss Prose is my favorite. I spend more time reading than anything else, but have to admit "How to Fix a Whirlagig" has escaped my notice. Will check Amazon immediately!:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only all librarians had such eclectic tastes! Our school library was nothing like that eccentric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's wonderfully formidable, just like all the best librarians!! And it sounds like she rules her library in a way very dear to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Miss Prudence, I do feel that quirky, interesting people with a wonderful collection of quirky and interesting books are the very best people in the world! Happy to make your acquaintance :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...