.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, September 26, 2014

Autumnal Equinox






The actual equinox was last Tuesday - so I'm just now catching up.  This is my very favorite time of the year.  Our leaves don't really color up until October but I know their glorious colors are coming.  I know we will have days of the clearest deep blue skies of the year.  I know that the air will be crisp.  I know that I can go back to wearing sweaters and long sleeved shirts.  I know that this is my favorite time of the year.

"Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking successive autumns." - George Eliot

6 comments:

  1. Totally agree. It's the best time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our leaves are turning too soon. People think its because of the cooler weather we had, but in truth its lack of sun. We sure had our share of cloudy days.

    Corey's Sugar Maple in our front yard is gloriously red when it gets enough water in the summer so we should be in for a treat!

    Have a great weekend.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn is a good time of year - if you have nice woolly jumpers to snuggle up in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cooling temperatures and the feeling of everything starting to snuggle in close for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also know all those things, a favorite for sure. I am surprised that my desert-loving friend feels the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny... I too embrace Autumn; I find myself re-energized by the cool evenings and the crisp mornings. Daryle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...