.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, September 19, 2014

A Core of Joy


What is this gift I've been given?  What is this thing that resides within my heart and fills me to the brim?  Its JOY and there is no other word for it.  I'm not sure where it comes from and I'm never sure where it will take me.  I'm not even sure if it will be with me tomorrow or the next day or the next day.  But while its here -- I intend to enJOY it as much as possible.  I will savor it to its fullest and to be ever so very grateful that it has chosen me in which to rest.

"The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun." - Christopher McCandless

5 comments:

  1. We seldom even ACKNOWLEDGE the Joy we feel. Joy is an attitude, and if you have it, nurture it and feel it grow. Sometimes emotions overpower joy if you allow them to. But do they really overpower, or are we just paying more attention to emotions?

    Joy and Gratitude are holding hands.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question Carol. Ones's emotions tend to go where theie attention has gone. Best to pay our attention to positive things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cause for delight - and thankfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your joy and making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gratitude is the antidote for so much in life, I think, and gratitude for JOY simply compounds the positives ... how could it not?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...