.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spring? - Winter?

 
On Monday afternoon I took my walk in sunshine.  The sky was deep blue as I captured the bare branches.


Down at the pond the sun shone on the water and the water reflected the trees above.


The early daffodils were putting on blooms in a circle - they just knew Spring had begun.


On Tuesday morning we awoke to a whole other world.  Ice on all the tree branches.  The small birch looked as if it had been frozen in time.

 
The trees at the corner were a Winter wonderland.

 
A small branch by a chair out front glistened with frozen rain drops.

 
One day I reveled in Spring - the next day I look with wonder at Winter.

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

3 comments:

  1. and yet the evil English Sparrows are mating and building nests. The ground hog must be right.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful study in contrasts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the undecided period right now, isn't it..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...