.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, October 10, 2011

Last Flowers of Summer


As the days shorten, the air cools and leaves begin to turn - I've found two late bloomers to share with you.

We drove up to Linville, NC to a native plants nursery high in the hills.  While walking through their greenhouses I spotted two spots of color.  They were very brave in their stance - given that it gets a lot cooler up there than it does here.  I love the idea that these two plants wanted to share their color just a little while longer.

"Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world". - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

  1. Hi Penny
    I have my porch decorated for fall with mums. BUT, I still have a potted geranium that won't give up and some petunias that I just moved to the pond area, letting them live as long as they can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! We have a few still blooming too and are enjoying them for as long as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see colours other than green and brown!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...