.quickedit{display:none;}

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Desert Haunting

We are off today on a trip back to the Nevada desert.  After being shaded in (and I do mean shaded) by trees and shrubs and plants I am looking forward to having open space surrounding me.  I want to spread my arms, much like an angel would spread her wings and savor the endless sky, the long vistas and the shapes and shadows of the desert.

Not to be denied is also the draw of family.  To be able to spend hours and days visiting, laughing, hugging and loving is a gift that I treasure beyond anything else. 

During this visit we shall attend football practice and a football game, a school carnival is on the agenda and a birthday party.  There will be meals shared and walks/hikes taken.  There will be visits with friends from long ago and extended family that we only see once in awhile.

During this visit there will be joy - and I'm packed and ready for any and all of it!!

"This is the sense of the desert hills, that there is room enough and time enough". - Mary Austin

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhhhh...store it all up to bring home with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...