.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, September 4, 2017

Coming Back



I've missed you!  My life has taken a bit of a side road over the past few months while I coped with health problems.  Oh how invincible we feel until we aren't!

I am definitely in the snail mode - moving slowly and hiding in my shell at times.  Thanks to all of you who have contacted me privately, I love your emails. 


Scattered in here you can see my 'rehabilitation' projects.  Once home from the hospital I knew I needed to create. I also knew that I couldn't/wouldn't take on any long and laborious tasks.  Thus came 'box lid art'!  I had a bunch of purchased boxes on hand and going through my stash (another good recovery project) I found all manner of fun things that I could use.  



Two mindsets have gotten me through all this 'upheaval' -- acceptance and gratitude.  I thank all of you for 'being' there - your kind words have given me the strength to get back to blogging.

" A calm mind brings inner strength and confidence that's very important for good health." - Dalai Lama


15 comments:

  1. This is cool. I just love the idea of box lid art. It has an instant frame. I especially like the one with the map in the back. So glad you are back to blogging.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol -- its good to be back among my blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're back too. Steady as she goes-slow is good-and we're cheering for ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra -- next step - go back and check out all the postings I've missed from my friends - have to see what you all are going *smile*.

      Hugs,

      Penny

      Delete
  4. It's good to have you back. And something neatly contained like these box lids sounds perfect for a convalescent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel -- thanks so much for 'hanging' in there with me. Its so great to hear from you all.

      Hugs,

      Penny

      Delete
  5. Well, my goodness, Penny, WELCOME BACK. I have missed you. I also know what it's like suddenly realizing I am not invincible after all ... may you continue to mend in any way that feels best for you. That said, these box lids are a most interesting path! All my best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How great it is to hear from you!! I thought long and hard as to whether I would even keep my blog -- but of course in the end I just couldn't lose these beautiful contacts. Hugs, Penny

      Delete
  6. So glad you are back. Hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have missed you Penny, glad to see you back and on the road to recovery. Love your box lid art,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm so glad that you have found a creative outlet that gives you a way to use all of the interesting elements in your stash and keep mind and hands busy experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful to have you back, and creating such beautiful and resonant pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next step is to get back to reading all of my 'blog' friends blogs! This recuperation is going very slowly *smile*.

      Delete
  10. Penny... you have been in my thoughts;in recent months and it's so nice to see your creative flow once again fill a post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is fabulous to have you back and a delight to see your recuperative makings as well. Looking forward to exploring your creative musings with you again. i'ts been too quiet!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...