.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, September 7, 2015

"Embrace Silence"

I often crave silence - perhaps that is one of the reasons I love spending time in my studio.  It is quiet (unless I feel the need for music). Silence seems to be a rare commodity these days.  



I love it that this sweet - somewhat shy - 'Kindred Spirit' came to visit.  No words were spoken and yet we communicated.  Sometimes just being with someone in silence can be a true gift.  Knowing that you needn't say a thing -- that a hug or a touch or a smile can convey all that you feel.
  

 Each quiet moment is like treasure found.  
"Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.  And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.  And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." - Khalil Gibran

8 comments:

  1. silence is dear to me too, your doll is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. silence is dear to me too, your doll is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little lady. Where will she find silence. Perhaps in the north with only the cold and ice...but them you would probably hear the wind blowing. I can find NO silence. I crave it and search for it everywhere. At 3 AM outside I can hear the crickets and frogs. I think the only thing I like about a winter's night is there is ALMOST silence in the middle of the night, but not quite.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you and Carol, complete silence is hard to find. But that's OK if what I'm hearing (wind, crickets, frogs, birds, etc.) is of nature. When man-made sounds intrude like noisy planes, cars going by, the dratted target-shooting range a mile away, and many other sounds, that's when I crave silence the most. My face isn't nearly as peaceful as your lovely doll's face especially at those times. That's when I wish I had her wings to carry me away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Barbara, it is often the man-made sounds that I seek to avoid. Well, and the noisy tree frogs sometimes in the summer that make conversation difficult over their amazing volume.

    Your doll is such a lovely reminder to seek silence without and within.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this gorgeous girl, she could come and stay with me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this lady will bring her silence with her - a quiet of the heart, not the ears!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...