.quickedit{display:none;}

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Its almost impossible

As Thanksgiving arrives I start to think...


...its almost impossible to be thankful enough.  Impossible because there will never be enough time in the day, or the week, or the month, or the years to list all that I have to be thankful for.  I don't believe that I can count high enough to enumerate them all.



My heart often fills with all the deliciousness of my life - but even it isn't big enough to capture all of my blessings.


This of course means that every single day has to be 'thanksgiving day' because to stop counting my blessings would be a disservice to all those who have given them to me along the way.  Thank you! 

"Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received.  Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling.  Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse." - Henry Van Dyke


10 comments:

  1. I'm never sure about counting blessings - it makes it sounds as though one expects not to have very many, whereas for someone in a thankful frame of mind, their blessings are usually uncountable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful message. I think you are indeed blessed. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very thankful for your wonderful thoughts - it's certainly given me something to think on today. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more Penny!

    You write so eloquently here....

    ...it adds even more weight to the sentiments...

    X c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well said! Every day should be a day of thanksgiving :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Penny
    As I read the post, I was thinking the same exact thing that Rachel said. She named it "a thankful state of mind". I agree that those with a TSOM know that they have too many blessing to count. We are usually a happy Lot!!
    Have a great weekend.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the heart, don't do thanksgiving here but if we did I would be thanking all my good blog friends, your comments mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...