.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, September 3, 2012

Body Parts

 
I've been working on doll 'body parts' -- drawing on muslin, stitching, stuffing and painting.  My least favorite part?  Definitely stuffing and yet it is one of the most important jobs in making cloth dolls.  A poorly stuffed doll will lose shape, or not even develop the shape you were aiming for.  Its worth the time and patience to stuff well - as probably every cloth doll creator has discovered.


Painting is my favorite thing -- it means the stuffing is over *smile* and looking at freshly painted bodies, arms and legs awaiting further attention is exciting.  From this point on the 'fun' part of creativity enters the scene.

"Arrange whatever pieces come your way." - Virginia Woolf
I

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Giving personality is always my favorite part.
    Have a great holiday.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me smile so! Those cute little bodies with noses huddled together waiting for the rest of their faces and limbs are adorable! And those limbs hung on pegs, lol! Wonderful post Penny, just love it (although your penchant for studio organization makes me feel quite sloppy :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It never ceases to amaze me just how much stuffing a small shape will take before it is properly stuffed and shaped - not surprised it isn't a favourite job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those little dangling limbs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree - HATE stuffing. But, you're right, it is one of the most important parts. I even tried to teach my hubby how to stuff so I wouldn't have to do it anymore! Didn't really work out - who knew that stuffing was a technical skill?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...