.quickedit{display:none;}

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sample Stitches

Front side of sampler levels 2, 3, 4 and 5

After experimenting a little bit with various loop levels I decided that I needed to prepare a sampler of the various loop heights when punched with different needle levels.  The levels on my punchneedle go from 1 to 12.  I had gone up as high as 5 on the 'Pathways' abstract and wondered what would happen if I ventured even further from my comfort zone of 1, 2 and 3.

Front side of sampler - levels 7 and 8

I made a series of squares and started punching with level 1 - slowly moving up the range until I finished level 8.  At level 8 I decided to stop because the loops were so large that I didn't quite see myself going any higher on the range in my normal work.  After looking at these sample squares however, I'm thinking that I might add a level 12 because it could give me long, loopy loops from which I could dangle something.  I love learning new-to-me things about my craft.

backside of sampler stitches

I'll keep this sampler close by as I work on future pieces and we'll see how much additional texture I can create by varying the depth of the loops from section to section, stitch to stitch.

"The combination of experience and experimentation will ultimately yield a personal sound". - Mark White

2 comments:

  1. I love these, Penny, especially admire them because I would never do as much work as this to organize any of my projects. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love the backs as much as the fronts of course. Like the Mark White quote too...so true yet so beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete

It is my wish to respond to comments by private email. If your email address is not available I will try to respond here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...