.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, November 13, 2009

Seeing is Believing


Hanging above my work table is this lovely pendant created by Nina Bagley. Don't you think beading enhances our ability to see? Working with tiny beads to create an intricate design brings my 'seeing' into focus.


Using that beading state of mind, when not beading, allows me to look at a leaf and really see it, to feel the weight and shape of a small rock, to spot a bird's feather along the path. This 'beading gift' begs me to pay attention to the smallest, seemingly least significant things that surround me.


I have noticed that I now look at so many things with the thought "could I bead that?" I see forms that I can imagine covered in beads, I see a spider web dotted with dew and think 'beads'. I see a color combination that I would like to put into beading - I am seeing everything in a new light!

Each day Nina's pendant serves as a gentle reminder to 'see' -- see everything and everyone and soak in whatever is in front of me at the time. Being able to fill each moment by noticing even the smallest of things - now that would create a full and artful life.
"It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision." - Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...