.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Earth Bird

 

 
 
Another 'new to me' bird has arrived in my studio.  Around here he's known as the "Earth Bird".  He is covered in 'earth shaded' feathers. 

Sitting here in squelching heat and humidity this bird decided to skip Summer and go directly to Fall.

Wish it was that easy, don't you? 

Again I thank Doreen Frost for this design. She has certainly kept my fingers and punch needle busy!!

"I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn." - Henry David Thoreau



"

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh....such a peaceful vision in what I’ve come to know as “Penny’s Palette” of colors. I was impatiently waiting for your 15th of the month post. Is this an image of a partridge? Somehow it reminds me of one. Your walls must be so lovely with these works of art on them. Are they in your studio keeping you company? I’m so glad you found the art and blog schedule that works for you! I’ll be in touch by email soon. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great Penny creation. This bird is serene. Perhaps that's how you feel since you have no challenging deadlines to meet. He is lovely.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is lovely - that turquoise he is paddling in is so cooling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful! I love this one, Penny--and he does have a comforting fall attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply gorgeous. I also love the quote...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I'd want to wish my life away, but it's been so hot that Autumn will be welcome when it arrives!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...