.quickedit{display:none;}

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

GRATITUDE



Sitting on a shelf above my computer is this jar.  It began life as a pickle jar and now it holds slips of paper.

Each day I write something that I am grateful for and slip it into the jar. Mostly my gratitude for the day is something small, something that I normally don't think about but just accept as if it was mine. 

Pausing to be grateful is a gift in itself and I shall happily tamp down these small gratitudes as each day passes.

"Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings." - William Arthur Ward



7 comments:

  1. Do you think as we get older we are more focused on considering what we are grateful for? Sometimes I have to think FURTHER outside my closest circle, for the same things always come to mind first. Even the smallest things are worthy of our gratitude. Even a flowering weed that draws a bee or butterfly can bring the bigger picture to mind and gratitude rises from somewhere deep inside. I never thought about this stuff when I was young.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea, Penny! A kind of prayer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thought. At the moment, I am grateful for sunshine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an appropriate quote for your post! I love the idea of turning ordinary days into thanksgivings in a much more awesome way than turkey day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Practicing gratitude is transformational. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so simple, yet very profound. If everyone did this-we'd have a better world.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...